HPE recently released a new version of its management tool 3PAR arrays, called StoreServ Management Console 3.6. The latest version is visually not much different compared to previous versions but its engine to process data has been improved.
- For an extended list of new features, the Release Notes document of SSMC 3.6 is available here.
- The Administrator Guide for SSMC 3.6 can also be downloaded here.
- Please note that when upgrading from 3.x to 3.6 the GUI Admin User is removed and instead the same userid is used as when logging into the SSMC appliance through CLI “ssmcadmin”.
Upgrading to StoreServ Management Console 3.6 is very simple and straight forward. All we need to do is download the executables, an upgrade .star file which is provided together with the SSMC package. In my case, I’m running SSMC version 3.4.1
- Navigate to HPE’s Software Depot and locate SSMC URL or click here.
- Log in with your HPE Passport and download the package.
- After extracting the downloaded package, take note of a file called HPESSMC-22.214.171.124.269-Appliance_Upgrade.star. This is the upgrade file we are going to use in the next steps.
- Navigate to your SSMC homepage and login with your SSMC administrator credentials (Don’t forget to select the Administrator Console below the login box).
- Once you’re logged in as an administrator, head over to the right side on the top and click on Actions then Upgrade.
- Browse and select the upgrade file we located in Step 3 and click Upload.
- Once the upload has finished, click on Yes, Upgrade to confirm.
- The upgrade will start and depending on your appliance’s configuration, it might take a while.
- At a certain point, you’ll lose the connection with the webserver and any CLI session.
- In my case, it took me 6 minutes for the webserver to come up. I am using the recommended VM configuration for the SSMC appliance.
- Once the SSMC is up and running, you will notice the new version.
Any suggestion or question? Leave a reply below, or feel free to contact us. Make sure to subscribe to our mailing list to get the latest.3PAR, SSMC, StoreServ